Monday, May 18, 2009

Happiness

According to Thomas Jefferson, we are all entitled to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. If you are reading this, you are alive (if you aren't please contact me as that would be a very interesting conversation!). Most people also enjoy varying degrees of liberty, at the very least the liberty to choose their own thoughts and response to a situation.

So, that leaves happiness. If you already have it congratulations! If not, ask someone who has it for the secret :-).

For me, it all comes down to feeling like I've done the best I can, each day. The good thing about that is the definition of 'best' changes every day, so every day you get a new opportunity to do your best! It could be helping a client, listening to a friend that really needs to be listened to, or hugging a spouse. Every day I get to choose to make myself happier.

So discover your definition each day and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment