Saturday, May 23, 2009

Improvement

Today was a day of improvement, from the small (a new set of grilling tools for the summer barbecue season) to the large (discussing career direction with a running buddy). Let's start with the small....

Isn't it amazing how something seemingly little can make a big change in your life? In this new grilling tool set is a two-way brush with a handle on each side. I can envision how this will make grill cleanup a lot easier and can't wait to use it. I also look forward to the new 'fish spatula', a spatula designed to make flipping fish easier. Little things do mean a lot!

The large improvement was the satisfaction I felt in my career discussion with the friend. He's on the verge of embarking on a career move, and knows that I am in the midst of one (if you know of any organizations that need an accomplished Java Lead/Architect let me know). Not only was I hopefully able to help him but also discovered new ways to tweak my search. It is huge when people can help each other, it's what makes the world go around, along with the little things....

No comments:

Post a Comment