Thursday, June 4, 2009

Animals

After a run I usually do about 10 minutes of yoga stretches. This morning one of my cats (Elliott) joined me, we have three and typically all three come into the room when I stretch.

As I launched into a Downward Dog I decided I would rename it Downward Cat in his honor. He proceeded to give his version of it, called the 'Downward Cat with Licking Paw' variation.

So this got me to thinking. Why is it that cats always seem to be doing yoga, even while sauntering around the house or leaping on top of a counter? Is it just the way they are, some combination of musculature and attitude? Or is it choice?

Most animals seem to be doing yoga at all times. Even squirrels, though they do some sort of version of Speed-Power yoga I don't think any of us humans can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment