Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Connection

There are times in life where there just seems to be a 'spark' that ignites something in you. It happens in many different ways: your eyes lock with someone else's, you discover a new way to move in a yoga class, or happen upon a business idea. Either way, it seems that time slows down or becomes irrelevant.

Such a thing happened to me in college. I had just started studies, picked Business Administration as a pursuit because it seemed closest to that spark for me, but there was something more and I knew it.

In my second semester I signed up for a computer programming elective. I sat down at the terminal (that's what they called them then ) to write my first program, finished it in what seemed like an hour. I looked up at the clock and 5 hours had gone by. The guy who couldn't stay still for more than a minute had actually sat still for 5 hours, moving only his fingers!

So, here I am years later still riding that spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment