Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Perspective

Today I was digging through storage, searching for my school diploma for an employment background check. As I did so, I came across my college yearbook.

I opened it to my picture and, after laughing so hard I was brought to tears (can't believe I went out of the house looking like THAT even once, let alone on a regular basis!), I thought: "What would I say to the young me today?"

So, here's some advice for 21 year-old John Grieco:

  • Treat everyone with respect.

  • Make time for your friends. Some of them will be gone before you know it or before you're ready for it.

  • Laugh. A lot. Don't worry if others think you're crazy, but do try to convince them to join in.

  • Sometime in 1995, you'll see a gorgeous lock of hair behind some boxes stacked on a hand truck, trying to open a door. Make sure you help her. Give her your busines card too.

  • Relax. Enjoy the journey. Becuase no matter what you do things always work out.



No comments:

Post a Comment