Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Progress

In the past few years I've been instilled with a philosophy that I feel has really served me well, so I'd like to share it in the hopes it will do the same for you....

It sometimes seems like the only thing to do is give up on a goal. Discouragement may be rampant or you may feel 'lost' or not as confident that you will achieve the result. It's at times like these that I remember one of two things (or both):

  • Look at a stairway you are about to climb. Many times you can only see the first few steps, so do you refuse to climb them?

  • You get in your car to go to the store or even another state. You travel half way and say "Well, since I don't see the destination it must be impossible to reach so I'll turn around and go home."



Life is full of beginnings, and most of what you think are endings are not that at all. Most times you are not exactly at a goal you set out to accomplish, but it's still there where you put it when you started. So keep going! Turning around would just be a waste of gas money :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment